Monday, November 07, 2011

Top 6 Albums from Lookout! Records

This is the next installment of Favorite Albums from [insert record label here]. Today, we are looking at another legendary punk rock record label, Lookout! Records.

6......Get Skintight
This Donnas album was released in June 1999 and includes songs such as "You Don't Wanna Call" "Hook It Up" and "Get Outta My Room."

5......The Donnas Turn 21
Turn 21 was The Donnas last album on Lookout before they signed to Atlantic Records. It was released in January 2001 and includes songs such as "Are You Gonna Move It For Me" "Do You Wanna Hit It?" "Play My Game" "Midnite Snack" and "You've Got a Crush on Me"

4......Riverdales
The eponymous debut from former Screeching Weasel members was released in 1995. It includes the songs "Fun Tonight" "Judy Go Home" "Back to You" "She's Gonna Break Your Heart" and "In Your Dreams," among others.

3......Kerplunk!
Released in January 1992, this was Green Day's last album with Lookout before signing with Reprise Records.
It includes "2000 Light Years Away" "Christie Road" "Welcome to Paradise" "and "No One Knows."

2......Anthem for a New Tomorrow
This Screeching Weasel album was released in 1993 and is one of my favorite Weasel albums. It includes songs such as "I'm Gonna Strangle You" "I, Robot" "Every Night" "Totally" and "A New Tomorrow."

1......My Brain Hurts
This other really great album by Screeching Weasel was released in 1991 and includes songs such as "Making You Cry" "Guest List" "Veronica Hates Me" "Cindys on Methadone" "The Science of Myth" and "My Brain Hurts."

5 comments:

  1. No Operation Ivy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. they just didn't make the cut for my list. decent band and all i'm just not the biggest fan of ska.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah sorry I gotta agree with Dave. Energy should have definitely taken the place of a Donna's album on this one. It's all good though. We can still be friends. Just don't make that mistake again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of ska. That is why it didnt make the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm just horsing around a bit. And even though I like Op Ivy I'm not a big fan of ska either. Skanking always seemed stupid (and sounds like something only loose women do) and I hated that Royal Oil song.

    ReplyDelete