Saturday, December 24, 2011

Coming Soon in 2012!

This is a list of movies scheduled to be released in 2012 that I am looking forward to seeing:

Underworld: Awakening: I'm a big fan of this vampire movie saga. Loved the first 2. The 3rd one was ehhh.....ok. Kate Beckinsale returns in this 4th one.

The Avengers: Iron Man, Thor, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and the Hulk all in one movie AND directed by Joss Whedon? Heck yeah!

Men in Black 3: I really liked the first 2 and based on what I've seen in the trailers, this one looks pretty good too.

G.I. Joe Retaliation: I used to read these comics and even though the first one was not the best adaptation (specifically, the way they screwed up the origins of both Snake Eyes and Duke...well ok, they actually screwed up the origins of pretty much everybody), it did have its moments. Based on the teaser trailers I've seen, this one looks like it might be a little better.

The Amazing Spider-Man: I'm not really expecting much out of this reboot but it is a comic book movie so of course I have to see it. Who knows, maybe it will surprise me and be better than it's 3 movie predecessor.

The Dark Knight Rises: This is the movie that I am most looking forward to being released. The worst thing about this movie is waiting until July for the darn thing to be released!

Total Recall: Other than the fact that they have Colin Farrell playing the character that Arnold played in the 1990 version, it might be interesting. I have read that is follows the novelette it is based on (Philip K. Dick's We Can Remember It For You Wholesale) more closely.

The Expendables 2: What the heck. The first one was good enough to see what they do with this franchise again. Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme join the cast in this sequel to the 2010 film.

Dredd: I have not read a whole heck of a lot of stuff about this movie, just bits and pieces here and there. But it's a comic book movie based on a really cool character. Heck, I even liked the 1995 one with Stallone. It can't be much worse than that, right?

Red Dawn: I have been hearing rumors about this remake of the 1984 film for several years and it is about time they finally decide to put it out. In this one, it is the North Koreans invading the country rather than the Russians and Cubans. I wonder if they had to re-write and/or re-shoot some stuff in this due to the recent death of Kim Jong-il? Hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Apparently the Spider-Man film isn't supposed to be a reboot as much as a filling-in of events that weren't covered in the other three films. If that was the case then I wonder why they changed his webbings but oh well.

    ReplyDelete