Sunday, January 01, 2012

Currently Reading: Rock Star Superstar

TITLE: Rock Star Superstar
AUTHOR: Blake Nelson
YEAR PUBLISHED: 2004
PUBLISHER: Penguin Group

I found this book in the clearance rack of Half Price Books several months ago. It looked interesting from the blurb on the inside cover. Never got around to reading it until today.

It's about this high school kid that is the son of a musician and is a musician himself. Plays in the high school jazz band and plays in a Top 40 cover band.

His world gets turned upside down when he starts playing for an indie punk band.

It's the story of the life of a band through the eyes of a 17-year-old boy along with all the normal life stuff that goes on in the life of a teenager.

It was obviously written for a much younger audience than I am but I really liked it. I guess that shows something about my maturity level, LoL!

Anyway, I liked it. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie made out of it.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really cool. I may have to check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would like it

    ReplyDelete