Monday, January 16, 2012

Top 8 Songs of 2011

I have been meaning to do this for a while but it has taken me a while to compile the list. This is a list of the 8 Best Songs that were released in 2011.

I was trying to sort the list in order of preference but after several attempts, I discovered that this was a futile attempt.

So here is the list in no particular order:

  1. Darkness - They Stay Dead (released in March on EP)
  2. This Is Only a Test - Smoking Popes (released in March on This Is Only a Test)
  3. Make It Stop - Rise Against (released in March on Endgame)
  4. Peg O My Heart - Dropkick Murphys (released in March on Going Out in Style)
  5. Walk - Foo Fighters (released in April on Wasting Light)
  6. Faith - Taking Back Sunday (released in June on Taking Back Sunday)
  7. Hold Captive - Kill the Reflection (released in October on Together Apart)
  8. Low - John Moreland and the Dust Bowl Souls (released in November on Everything the Hard Way)*

*Figuring out which song was the best on this album was really difficult. The entire album is really amazing and one of the songs from this album HAD to show up on this list.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I think my favorite song on the Foo Fighters' record is "These Days."

    And yes that John Moreland album is incredible!

    ReplyDelete