Since I posted the Best Comic Book Casting Choices I figured I would round it out today and post what I think are the 13 Worst Comic Book Casting Choices.
Here they are listed in alphabetical order:
1. Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
In my opinion, Ben Affleck has no business starring in a comic book movie.
2. Eric Bana as Bruce Banner/Hulk
This movie was cast horribly from top to bottom with only one exception, Sam Elliot as General Ross.
3. Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider
Good actor but needs to stay away from comic book movies. He wouldn't fit any character. Stick to Thomas Gates in the National Treasure movies dude.
4. Jim Carey as Edward Nigma/Riddler
Ace Ventura as one of Batman's biggest nemesis? No way.
5. Chris O'Donnell as Dick Grayson/Robin
No comment needed here. He was just a terrible choice. I really don't like Chris O'Donnell in anything come to think of it.
6. Michael Clark Duncan as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
This is not just because Duncan is black and Kingpin isn't. It worked when they changed the ethnicity of Nick Fury but they did that in the comic books first. Duncan just didn't fit the part to me.
7. Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom
Scrawny little dude from That 70s Show as Venom. Get serious.
8. Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor
Gene Hackman is a great actor but he just didn't fit this part.
9. Tommy Lee Jones as Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Another great actor that was cast horribly. However, I think if this movie had been written and directed better, he might have made this work pretty well.
10. Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Of all of the casting choices for Batman, this one is the worst in my opinion. I like Val Kilmer. I like pretty much everything he has done. He just did not fit the part of either Bruce Wayne or Batman to me at all and trying to follow Michael Keaton didn't help him much.
11. Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Decent movies for the most part but Tobey just didn't do it for me as Peter Parker. For that matter, neither does this new guy, Andrew Garfield.
12. Julian McMahon as Victor Von Doom
Take one of the coolest villains of all time and turn he him in a whiny wussy? I don't think so.
13. Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze
Did Joel Schumacher ever even read the Batman comic books? I seriously doubt it with his casting choices.